INFANT AND TODDLER ACTIVITIES
Encourage children to use their senses to interact and explore with the outdoors and their environment. Promotes learning and development.
Autumn is a time that really inspires creativity, just look at all the beauty and glorious colours around us!
- Nontoxic leaves and flowers or leafy vegetables
- Paint – non toxic. Good choices are tempura paint, gauche pain or acrylic paint
- Paper Towel
- Paint brushes
Adult and child interaction
- Walk around the garden or park and find different shape and colour leaves and flowers.
- Best type of leaves are relatively flat, not too soft and have nice vein textures (usually on the back side)
- Paint the back side (underside) of the leaves with paint using your paint brush
- Press the leaves onto your piece of paper
- Sort the leaves by size, shape and colour with your older child